5/27/2008

I am not a "Sex and the City" fan...


A couple more days and the loose ends in the life of shallow, Marlboro Lights chimney Carrie Bradshaw will finally be tied up, or not.

Amidst all the negative reviews, the trashy tabloid publicities, and the acorn headgear disaster (SJP), I'd still throw away 11 bucks worth of sheer causeless wit and repartee between Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda. These characters represent fragments of what we long to possess but will never really have. It's a not-so-subtle way of giving the hopeless a glimmer of what can never be; like rubbing bleaching cream over brown nipples. But isn't that one reason why we go to the movies? It is a respite from the craziness that is our daily lives; like a glass of pure, clean water after a long hike up a mountain of shit.



I am watching the movie not because Chris Noth gets more airtime. I am watching the movie not because Stanford and Anthony remind me of the "mentors" I've met over the years. I am watching the movie not because Jennifer Hudson will try to prove that her Oscar isn't just a fluke. I am watching the movie not because I am a fan of the show but because.....I am "Sex and the City." ;)


GTGL8RZ!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes...the end is near for Carrie or maybe not...I am watching because they are the woman all combined that I hope I can be and more and of course---the fashion it has represented---every girl's dream!!!
And, of course, there is Samantha Jones :-)

-ging-